Reparing Ball Track To Reduce Chatter

Would there be an interest in how to repair your ball track to reduce chatter? I don’t really want to to post this information on the general board. If there is an interest please let me know. If I have posted in the wrong place Mod please move to correct location but only if there is an interest.
VB2 Rocks
Thank You
Chuck

Sorry no , maybe my car , there are some spots. :-*

E.H.

[quote=“1FatBear, post:1, topic:777”]Would there be an interest in how to repair your ball track to reduce chatter? I don’t really want to to post this information on the general board. If there is an interest please let me know. If I have posted in the wrong place Mod please move to correct location but only if there is an interest.
VB2 Rocks
Thank You
Chuck[/quote]

I fix my ball track on my wheel and it is not so hard or complex - pretty easy … feel welcome to explain as i don’t see it being senstive information …

Hi Lucky,
Hope you are well. Let’s see if I get more replys before posting. It is more labor intensive then difficult as you know already.

I am listening.

so… how to do it?

Don’t mess with the ball track unless you must. Try using larger and heavier roulette balls first.

If it still chatters like crazy, then run your fingers along the track to feel for any cracks or ridges. It’s not unusual for the polyester finish to crack over time. If you find a ridge you can smooth it out by carefully wet sanding the spot with 400 grit, then 800/1000 grit, then 2500/3000 grit. Use a wet paper towel or rag to keep the spot you are sanding wet Make sure that you don’t get the rotor wet. After sanding, clean up the spot, and then use a glaze compound. Use a very fine cut of glaze. Do NOT use a harsh rubbing compound if your last sand paper was 3000 grit.

(Don’t sand the entire track! Only rub out the ridges if you feel them. Baby steps, just a little bit at a time. Work from step one to step seven. If it’s a very tiny ridge, then start with step two or step three!)

1. 400 grit sandpaper
  2. 800 grit
  3. 1000 grit
  4. 2000 grit
  5. 3000 grit
  6. fine cut glaze compound
  7. super fine or very fine cut glaze compound

You can get everything you need at the auto parts store. Don’t let the jargon or terms scare you off. The guys at the auto part store will know what to give you if you use the terms above.

-Snowman

big Big BIG THANKS :smiley: