Question about Roulette RTP and Strategy

I have not played much roulette and can easily be considered a noob. This article I read recently stated that different roulette wheels have different RTP percentages, is this accurate and if so how much is the difference?

Furthermore, the article also stated that you can use roulette strategies, as an example to minimize risk you can place outside bets, like odd/even, red/black, or high/low. I would just like to ask if these rules can still apply to online roulette games?

1 Like

I didn’t read the whole thing yet. But just quickly scanned it.
RTP is usually a slot term , but in essence it’s the same thing, wether you say European roulette has a house edge of 2.7% or an RTP of 97.3%.

1 Like

So American or 2 zero roulette has double the house edge of single zero roulette
2.7%x2=5.4%
If u prefer RTP just calculate 100-5.4%
Which again is a different way to say the same thing

1 Like

And yes higher house edge means worse game for the player.
2.7%house edge is less then 5.4% so European roulette is generally better for a player, but if you don’t have a way to overcome the house edge somehow it’s equally bad, because u ll loose your money.

1 Like

Awesome thanks so much for clarifying that, so generally speaking European roulette has better odds?

Also, what do you think of the strategies listed? are the outside bets the safest option, and if so is there a recommended bet amount?

I can provide some insights on this. The idea that different roulette wheels may have slightly different Return to Player (RTP) percentages is accurate. There are primarily two types of roulette wheels: the European wheel and the American wheel. The difference in RTP arises from the extra double zero on the American wheel, which slightly reduces your chances of winning compared to the European wheel. In general, European roulette wheels offer a higher RTP (around 97.3%) compared to American wheels (around 94.7%).

The short answer is save yourself the time and ignore all he says.

Yep like i said.
Except that the term RTP generally isn’t used at table games , but rather the word house edge.

As for strategies, placing outside bets like odd/even, red/black, or high/low is a common approach to minimize risk in roulette.

You still play an EV- game. So whats the point?

These are known as even-money bets and offer a higher probability of winning, although the payouts are smaller.

This strategy can be applied to both land-based and online roulette games.