Math

to beat the odds, part I. I shall show you a mathematical paradox that will in about three easy lessons provide you with a 25% player advantage at any gambling game comprised of know specific mathematical values. (no card games). #1: if the odds are one in four that one will guess or pick something correctly and an X would signify a correct pick and an 0 a miss, what would be the average number of 0’s or misses between the last X and the next X where we show at least one miss: is it 2,3,4, or 5 misses. anybody reading this care to respond? Juneau.

P - probability;
P(X) : P(0) = 1/4:3/4 = 1:3;

So, what’s the point in saying obvious things…?

What do you mean by saying “average number of 0’s or misses between the last X and the next X”? Like X000X000X000X000X000X? So, the average number will be 3, as shown above (because P(X) : P(0) = 1:3).

So, what are you saying by it?

I am really surprised that 30 views and only one reply and that one is wrong. I hope this reply gets posted as I do not know how to post original again for lesson #2; but I shall reply to your one reply to my question and hope everybody reads it: from what you’ve demostrated you say that in answer to my question of “where you show at least one miss”, etc. you say it is three. wrong answer. Now lesson #2: same odds: starting at pick #1 and continue on for 104 consecutive picks with your stated 3 miss average noting all the while with an X your “pairing” or picking correctly successively according to the odds… XX… and let me know how many X’s or correct picks you now have. It looks to me as if you have just beaten the odds by raising your correct pick mathematically correct average of 26 up to 31. good job. now tell everyboody else including me just how you did that. juneau

.My question was: odds 1-4…what is the average number of misses betweens the last X and the next X WHERE WE SHOW AT LEAST ONE MISS (0). Why is that so hard to understand? Com’on can’t anybody out there understand or figure it out? I plan to continue on with lessons which will culminate with the finding that the holy grail is in fact a bewildering mathematical paradox. Now I know of the absolute disbelief that is out there so I will shortly be issuing a mathematical challenge to all credentialed mathematicians worldwide to prove me wrong. By the way: the player advantage on the 37# wheel is a correct 19.80% mathematical entitlement. Which I generally round up 20/100 for an easy read and call it what it basically is: a 20% player advantage. And to the one soul who wrote me today and asked if I was a millionare…the answer is of course not. All you folks on this forum should not jump to your quite reasonable conclusions until you have seen the evidence, digested it, and PROVEN ME WRONG! See you later, juneau…

Well… 1.) Honestly I don’t think that anyone is interested in what you wrote. That’s the first reason no one else replied. I’m not interested in a holy grail quest as well, yet I just want to understand what did you say… So here we come to the second reason: 2.) the thing that you write - you write them in a very messy and incomprehensible way. I even didn’t understand what you wrote in the second thread. When you claim yourself to be a “teacher”, what means “to teach people” - you need to do it in a clear and comprehensible way. Especially when it comes to math. Math doesn’t tolerate a mess. If you want people to understand you in anything what counts the Math - try to concentrate your thoughts, use formulas, make clear statements, use new paragraphs e.t.c.

That sounds desperate… Like “I’m the almighty self-proclaimed professor of Odds and Holy-Grails! Every word I write or say MUST be understood and comprehended! How on earth you dare not to understand me, even though I’m explaining the bullshit in a messy way???” LOL Nothing personal, it just sounds this way… ;D

When you try to tell something and 30 people do not understand you - you should start seriously thinking about what and how do you say… And try to find a problem in yourself, but not in those 30 people.

You say that my answer was wrong. But I didn’t answer - I just tried to make it clear, what did you mean. Do you see those question marks in my post?

Honestly, I don’t understand what do you mean by that… Try to explain it in other way. “Average” can always be defined by formulas. So show me please that formula, of the average you’re talking about.

It shouldn’t be hard for you if you’re a teacher: just describe all you’re talking about math by the mathematical language. Use statements, variables, formulas, make it all in a sequence. Then, when we have it all, it will be much easier and more interesting for folks around here to look at it and discuss it.

Great post Shotman! You said everything I was thinking, but did it WAY better!

Well class is back in session and shotman still doesn’t understand. I am still with only one student but let’s try this: 000X there is our one in four that everyone is familiar with and correct so far, but lets start over and continue for 104 consecutive picks taking note all the while of “pairing” or picking correctly successively according to the odds that is absolutely necessary to all correct mathematical statistical averages i.e:(XX). Now, here we go in pefect order: 000X000X000X000XX000X000X000X000XX000X000X000X000XX000X000X000X000XXX000X000X000X000XX000X000X000X000XX…

Now folks the above is what it will look like with a 3 miss average between the last X and next X…count them please…I see 31 X’s in 104 picks: 18 single free standing X’s; 6 “pairs” of XX’s or picking correctly successively acording to the odds (the triple was first a “pair” that is why there is six); and one triple XXX…Correct me if I am wrong but there should only be a total of 26 X’s in 104 picks @ 1-4…right? Now back to my class of one: All of you mathematicians with your insistance on formulas that consist of numbers or symbols written from left to right will of course give you the right answer, but it doesn’t really show you anything. Look at the picture and count…Sill think it is three? Or do we in fact have a mathematical paradox?

“4”

Why do you think you should have 26X if you’ve made 31 ?

Cut to the chase already! You are using a X000 stream that you made up to prove your point, (which isn’t proving anything as far as I can tell). Not to mention, anyone can make a foolproof system with past results. If you seriously found something big, why not sum it up in a few words as possible and explain it that way? If you don’t want to make your idea public, then PM a few smart people here and have them check it for you. Right now, these ridiculous hoops you are trying to get everyone to jump through are making you look just like a system seller. When Sir Isaac Newton discovered gravity, he didn’t explain it by telling people to eat lunch under apple trees and then come back to him with their results. If you are going to teach us something, then TEACH us something rather than all these cryptically worded riddles like the average system seller does.

Most of the guys on here come here because they want to beat roulette. The want to beat it using things like “Math” and “Physics”. Beating a game like roulette and doing it proficiently takes a lot of time to learn. As a result, I have learned one important thing. “Time is money”. So please don’t make bold claims, refuse to back them up when challenged, and as a result waste our time and yours. Even if it is just an idea that isn’t even that great there is a chance that with enough of us here, we could develop it into something worthwhile. Please don’t get all sensitive and shy away because I am “attacking you”. I am not. I am just asking that you share your idea in a proper way where we can understand what you are talking about. Considering this is a roulette forum, you might consider using a roulette analogy as an example. Just an idea.

[quote=“juneau, post:4, topic:867”]Now I know of the absolute disbelief that is out there so I will shortly be issuing a mathematical challenge to all credentialed mathematicians worldwide to prove me wrong. By the way: the player advantage on the 37# wheel is a correct 19.80% mathematical entitlement…
All you folks on this forum should not jump to your quite reasonable conclusions until you have seen the evidence, digested it, and PROVEN ME WRONG! See you later, juneau… [/quote]

But don’t go making bold statements like that without expecting to be challenged! You say you have something big? Well, let’s hear it! There are enough ears interested in ideas here. But not a single brain here is interested in a system seller who wastes everyone’s time with bold claims and no proof. It’s also tough to prove you wrong when we haven’t got a clue what the hell you are talking about.

Welcome to the Forum.

• DJ

We do in fact have a winner: the answer is indeed “4”. good job. Now, IF one…I have to go will be back tommorrow…

Well, at least someone here understood the question! hahahaha!

Thanks, DJ! :smiley:

Teacher, explain please what do you mean by “the average number of misses betweens the last X and the next X WHERE WE SHOW AT LEAST ONE MISS”?

• Let’s say we have a sequence “X000X000X000X000X000X000X”. So, by your own words it should be 3. Because here between 2 X-es we always have 3 0-os. But I don’t see any point in searching average in between X-es. What for do you need it?

• Let’s say now we have sequence “XXXXXXXXXXXX000XXXXXXXXXXX000XXXXXXXXXXXXXX000XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX”. Would by you that average of 0-os between the last and the next X still be 3…? There is no sense to search average in between last and next X. If you think that is - then explain why.

But anyway, if you have two events with probabilities p(x) = 1:4 and p(0) = 3:4 - then average number IN BETWEEN (as you say) two X-es where we show at least 1 miss - would be 3. Because 3:4/1:4 = 3:1.

It’s not a perfect order. Because here P(x) = 31/104. And P(0) = 73/104. What is different from p(x) = 1:4 and p(0) = 3:4.

Here I have a puzzle, count how many X are there, and how many 0 are in between it:

[b]XXXXX[/b]
          	      [b]XX[/b]000[b]XX[/b]
                    [b]XXXXXXX[/b]
                    [b]X[/b]00000[b]X[/b]
          	      [b]X[/b]00000[b]X[/b]
            	    [b]X[/b]00000[b]X[/b]
          	      [b]X[/b]00000[b]X[/b]
            	    [b]X[/b]00000[b]X[/b]
           	     [b]X[/b]00000[b]X[/b]
       [b]XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX[/b]
       [b]X[/b]00000[b]X[/b]00000[b]X[/b]00000[b]X[/b]

X0000X00000X00000X00000X0X
X0000X00000X00000X00000X00X
X0000X00000X00000X00000X00X
X0000000000000000000000X00X
X0000000000000000000000X00X
X000000000000000000000000X
X00000000000000000000000X
X00000000000000000000X
X000000000000000000X
X00000000000000000X
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

When you’re done - lesson №1 will be complete, I’ll say you what to do next :smiley:

LOL

LOL. Now that is genius ;D

I can’t believe we are actually taking the time to even read this! Things must be slack fortunately I am have a red hot run with my VB and other strategies. Now 5 winning visits to WPC in a row and have paid for the October groceries already.

Mike

Mr.Shotman, and I assume he must be an Astrian, still does no understand: the average MISS is “4”, count’em. Now, how do you end up with 31X’s if the average is only FOUR!!! Please enlighened me and everyone else watching; just do it !!!..Juneau…

shotman: what are the odds of you getting all those X’s in a row: 4x4x4x4x4x4x4…etc.; do not be ridiculous. Do the math…

Juneau

You’re not making any sense whatsoever

I can’t even comment because I don’t know what the fu*k you are getting at

You’ve “asked a question” [I think] and have kept “correcting” people; you said one person had it “right” but you keep arguing about Xs and Os…

This is likely the most clusterfucked thread I’ve seen anywhere on the internet

…I had assumed that it being so plain to me, that it would be plain to others. I failed to take into account that different people can have a different take on the matter. My mistake. Please close down this thread and terminate my membership in the forum. Thx…