Experimenting with VB2

It’s not something new or something that I didn’t try before, but last few times I played I used it a lot and I start liking it.
On slower rotor I use count 1-10 then again 1-5, its fast counting and it gives me about 1.8s
On a bit faster rotor I used 1-10 then again 1-10 it’s about 2.4 sec.

With rotor speed change instead of shifting clocking position I was counting more numbers and it works very well.
In my case it was simple but on some wheels it may be different how we progressively adjust reference time…
I’ll explain exact way I played.

The rotor is moving ACW direction.

[info border=orange float=right width=410 height=410]

Progressive VB2
[/info]

I start clocking it when the zero is at top diamond “Start”
For rotor clocking in this case I always count 1-10 and again 1-10).
So let’s during my counting the rotor made up to the diamond 2, a bit more than half of full rotation.
Now I can select the diamond 1 as my reference, or diamond 2. I’ll choose the diamond 2.

So form now on each time the rotor makes up to the diamond 2, for ball clocking I will use same 1-10 + 1-10 count.

I wait, estimate when the ball is at particular speed, apply my time, and then read reference number under the ball at the moment when the time elapsed.

If next spin the during count 1-10 +1-10 the rotor makes from start diamond to diamond 3 I have rotor that in that time made 4.5 pockets extra.

I was counting 5 digits extra.
1-10 + 1-10 + 1-5

On some other wheels, speeds, conditions, it may be 4, or 6 it is up to you to find it out what is the best to use to follow rotor adjustments.
If rotor was making up to the diamond 4 I would count
1-10 + 1-10 + 1-10
Of course there are and things in between, it is a common sense.
If for example the rotor made up to the diamond 2 and one number.

I would count ;
1-10 +1-10 +1

One count extra from main time 1-10 +1-10.
Advantage of this play is that VB2 reference time gets better adjusted for various rotor speeds.
Also it reasonably covers mistake of VB2 with rotor speed change and shifting of prediction in different rotations. If the rotor is faster and we count 5 extra counts, if we were predicting earlier by few rotations and the ball is faster therefore it will cross more pockets, which is required since and the rotor will travel for longer.

Disadvantage is that we can’t follow it perfectly.

I played it 4 times very successfully.

Last time it wasn’t so good but it was more conditions I was facing.
In first 30 min I made about 1.5k then dealer come and spun rotor to fast.
During reference time it was coming to diamond 4, often to diamond 5 or even passing it which means the rotor speed was close 2-2.5s per rotation which is to0 fast for VB2. Next dealer was same.

Fast rotor makes harder to adjust, it requires more time to count, without timer when we count for longer time the reference time deviates more, since when we count we are not so perfect, but most of the entire ball scatter gets wider which reduces our advantage.
By my experience this method or VB2 is ok as long as the rotor is slower than 3s/rotation.

:wink: Very nice post Forester.

I exclusively play VB2. I will give this way a go and see how it goes.

Thanx
Toxic

It’s hard to count for long time,
If the rotor speed increases, is faster and count increases,
it is better to readjust it all and reduce count to no more than 2 sec, then play around that values.
If real count time is 3 sec, and if we start using 2 sec. then adjusting form there. Of course we lose on linearity, but in usual we can predict within 3 ball rotations accuracy therefore we do not lose much.
The best is just play slower rotor, smaller rotor speed changes.