Calculate bankroll

How you calculate your bankroll? Once you have your advantage (in my case on real wheel i have 45% of edge), what bankroll is good to use? Is there any formula?

I have estimated for a 45% of advantage (tilted wheel with FFA) a bankroll of 300 units. What people think about it?

Hi Manu

personally i think with an edge of 45% edge that a BR minimum of 100 units would be suficient

but how many # are you betting???

also when we have our edge worked out, what % of our BR should we play

with bias ive been instructed to play 1% of BR at all times,has served me well

did here kelly criterion is wjat we must follow(lol,im useless wizh formulas)

ok cya

Securityman

Hello Securityman,

The 45% is centred in 5 numbers. I think that in these wheel is the optimun to play. I dont know if 100 units will be enough. I remember someone that posted a formula to calculate risk of ruin and the bankroll but i can find the post >:(…

I Remember someone that said that with 10% of advantage the bankroll must be about 733 units…I wish i find that formula…

http://www.probabilitytheory.info/topics/how_much_should_stake.htm

Cheers LS

[quote=“manuelon, post:3, topic:358”]Hello Securityman I dont know if 100 units will be enough.

I Remember someone that said that with 10% of advantage the bankroll must be about 733 units…I wish i find that formula…[/quote]

lol mate ,me too

but hey if that formula is correct,then maybe im not so far out

aaaah and heres our very own lucky strike,cant seem to see where i input my edge lucky???

CAN YOU EXPLAIN

ok cya

Securityman

hahaha ok thx mate

thx for changing the link :stuck_out_tongue: ::slight_smile:

hey its writen in away i can even understand(MMMMM WELL I THINK CAN,wheres that calcullater)

ok Manu,try this( i hope i got it right)

45% edge ,on a win we lose on four #s so,

35-4/5
=31/5=6.2 It will then give the formula

edge =45%/6.2=7.25

so for your BR of 300 units you must bet 300/7.25=41.3/by your 5 pockets=8.27 per pocket

ok anyone get that,lol sure i didnt

ok hope ive helped in some way

cya

Securityman

The first very important question is Over how many spins did you calculate your edge?. And second, Will i face the same conditions as i did when i calculated my edge?.

This is usually a bad idea to calculate the unit value to bet per number, unless you will play just after your tracking period which determined the real edge. And don’t get me wrong but it’s not done over 100 spins.

If you have really a 45% edge and a bankroll of 300 units, then you must bet Max 43 units per spin.

The most correct betting would consists in betting more on the central prediction/number and less on the neighbours, because the central number is the one who has the most edge in your predicted sector.
But what i’m talking about apply more on bias play technique, because each biased numbers get a different edge/long term hit rate, and it is logic to bet more units on the numbers with the highest STD and less on the lowest STD. You need to calculate each number’s edge to bet the correct unit size on each number.

I would apply Kelly Criterion, no doubt.

I agree with Bago in all he said.

@toby,youll find that is the kelly criterion :stuck_out_tongue:

@Manu,what i caculated there seems to me to steep ,try useing KC and half all your bets on each #

i thinkk they call that ,A HALF KELLY

As to our conversation last night ,this is NOT flat betting ::slight_smile:

ok my mate,cya

Securityman

Thx to all for the repplys.
Bago, i have calculated this edge taking predictions and bounces.
First i went and i take scatter having more that 400 spins. That is enough to take note about the scatter.
Next step was go with ff and take predictions, tilted wheel.
After all i use a program to join predictions to rotor and ball bounce. The program gives me the optimun distance to play to final number, so i must add offset to ff x pockets…
After all the edge is about 45%

[quote=“manuelon, post:11, topic:358”]Thx to all for the repplys.

After all i use a program to join predictions to rotor and ball bounce. The program gives me the optimun distance to play to final number, so i must add offset to ff x pockets…
After all the edge is about 45%[/quote]

Wouldnt be help to the player if FF was programed to this ,save you going home mate,and the FF would be constantly up to date with the wheel

ok just my two cents worth

Securityman

If the ball is the same, the scatter will be very similar for all sesions, (depends of rotor speed…) but is the same ball from day to day scatter will be close.
Predictions can change but if the wheel is tilted and the ball is the same, 90% the prediction will be the same next day. All i can do is look some predictions and see if match with the last day. If not the only option is take data again.
With tilted is different form ieq6. Ieq6 is much more sensitive and prediction can change in the same session.

If you’re facing a tilted wheel, it won’t take too long to know if your past datas match with the current conditions.
It’s always safer to track before actually betting, because even if the ball and tilt seems the same, the ball scatter can differ for various reasons, the two most important are air pressure change and cleaning schedule of the wheel< very very important. If you do not pay attention to this, you will lose your shirt.

Hello Bago.
Yes you are correct, im agree 100% with you.
Is very important be sure that all is equal.
In this particular wheel, scatter is aways the same, i have traked it some days and scatter after 50 spins was very close to last days. I think that air pressure can affect much more in modern scalloped wheels that in wheels of 1992…
But yes im plenty agree with you