Bald Rock Qld

Roulette is not the only one hobby I have.
As some of you already know I like hiking as well. Have to or crogirl will leave me. :stuck_out_tongue:

This Easter we visited Bold Rock. It is about 750 meters long and 500 meters wide. It rises 200 meters above the surrounding bushland but 1200m above sea level. Bald rock is the largest exposed granite type rock in Australia.

It was worth 8 hours of walking in total about 20 km, 3 blisters on my foot to visit this amazing sculpture of nature. We visited East Bald rock and climbed to top, went in to caves and canyons. If forget fact that my boots start slipping and that I was on the edge of 50 m deep abyss it was really great experience.

For 3 days we stayed at Stanthorpe, itā€™s small city, surrounded by vineyards and fruit farms.
One day they had show of WW Kombis, campervans. Some were 40 years old.
At craft market I played chess with members of their local chess club.
Here are some pictures.

Queen Mary falls were on the way back home. 8)

going down the cave

Thanks for sharing,nice pictures.

Those exposed granite rocks rely do look very large!

Regards
MAX

Yes, have a look that first picture where I am looking 3 rocks,
After some walking and walking I actually realized that I am next to those 3 rocks so I could see place where I was before. Rocks were about 10 m high.
On that picture it may look close or as straight walk to them, but it was long walk going up and down and I actually walked in opposite direction since directly in between then was deep valley with sharp edges. Air distance was 300-400m.

This picture may give you better view about the place, I believe it was from highest point and I come from arrow direction. 30 m down it was very sharp climb, where my shoes start slipping.

3 rocks from other side

A picture from bald rock ;D

Forester is screwed,
Two weeks ago I went to climb small mountain, for 3.5 hr my heart was 150-170 b/s, my pants tear, going down the hill was also pain since it was all rocky. For one week I was all in pain.

This weekend crogirl booked 2 days cycling with girlfriend, but because the other one was sick I went with her.
67k cyclicng, my bum hurts as a hell, if you think it is bad there is worst then that, previous day they did another 60k ??? ???

[quote=ā€œForester, post:6, topic:473ā€]Forester is screwed,
Two weeks ago I went to climb small mountain, for 3.5 hr my heart was 150-170 b/s, my pants tear, going down the hill was also pain since it was all rocky. For one week I was all in pain.

This weekend crogirl booked 2 days cycling with girlfriend, but because the other one was sick I went with her.
67k cyclicng, my bum hurts as a hell, if you think it is bad there is worst then that, previous day they did another 60k ??? ???[/quote]

;D ;D ;D

:smiley: I start feeling my legs lol

What I donā€™t understand is why people pay for pain. They paid $600 :o

Your pictures reminds me of the movie: ā€œthe descentā€.

HEHE, something as that I was thinking.

Surrounded by big rocks I start thinking about endings of Indiana Jones movies.

Nice pictures .I want to go climbing next summer with my oncle.
This picture itā€™s so funny.
Good luck with this.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Iā€™ll be away for 3 days :-*