While You Were Away, Your Number Hit!

While you were away, your number hit! Doh!!!

I’m sure it drives most everyone nuts when their numbers hit, while they are away in the restroom, or not betting for some other reason.
What I don’t think most people realize is this, had you stayed in and played, your numbers might not have hit after all!

Here’s why: Playing the game, changes the game. Even observing the game, changes the game according to quantum mechanics - and this has been proven time and time again in various experiments.

It’s really not much different than a slot player getting up and moving to another machine, only to hear the next person on the next push of the button hitting the jackpot.
Would you have won if you would have played just one more pull? Maybe, maybe not. The precise point in time that the button was pushed determined the outcome, NOT the sequence of the pulls. With roulette it’s not really much different. When you bet, you affect everyone at the table. While you’re placing your bets, the wheel speed is spinning down. The dealer may throw the ball a little harder when you bet, so that everyone at the table has more time to bet. Like a slot machine, roulette spins are not laid out in a linear predetermined sequence of events any more than the slot machine pulls are.

What about when you lay down one number and the number right next to it hits? Had you taken the time to bet both numbers, the outcome could have been different. Again, you affect the game even with your presence, and your observations of the game.

So the next time your numbers hit and you’re not on them, as they say in roulette, “DON’T FRET”. :slight_smile:

-Snowman

Possible, but I think it’s more that when something bad is happening we feel it more.
When in 10 spins most of the time the ball misses my sector by pocket or two, or stops where I coincidently didn’t place chips, or few times in a row stops always where I have the smallest bets I feel it strongly.
When it hits where I placed 10 units on a number and when next to that number maybe didn’t have bets or have had only one unit, many times I even do not notice it.

I may place $100 as a cover bet, based on DS or even hot numbers. (do not worry I accept to lose on this 2.%7)
Sometimes hot number never comes, I stop playing, and then it comes.
Sure I notice that, but if it didn’t come I wouldn’t think much about it.

If you drive your new car, you do not notice all cars passing road, if car same as yours come you notice it.
But yes, there might be more to it.

This has happened to me on more than one occasion, especially when I’m betting for it to turn red or black! never mind just a single number!

[quote=“Forester, post:2, topic:592”]Possible, but I think it’s more that when something bad is happening we feel it more.
When in 10 spins most of the time the ball misses my sector by pocket or two, or stops where I coincidently didn’t place chips, or few times in a row stops always where I have the smallest bets I feel it strongly.
When it hits where I placed 10 units on a number and when next to that number maybe didn’t have bets or have had only one unit, many times I even do not notice it.

I may place $100 as a cover bet, based on DS or even hot numbers. (do not worry I accept to lose on this 2.%7)
Sometimes hot number never comes, I stop playing, and then it comes.
Sure I notice that, but if it didn’t come I wouldn’t think much about it.

If you drive your new car, you do not notice all cars passing road, if car same as yours come you notice it.
But yes, there might be more to it.[/quote]